This library is intended to be as lightweight as possible while providing a consistent API for ADO.NET connectors. We call it the forgotten methods in the ADO.NET API. If you want something more than this take a look at Hibernate. This
code was created for Windward Reports (great
product) and so is fully tested.
What this adds is the following:
- Enumerate databases on a server.
- Enumerate tables, views, stored procedures, and columns in a database.
- Have a standard way to place parameters in a sql command.
- Return the primary key on an insert for auto-generated primary keys.
- Have a standard syntax to select the “top N” rows.
- A timestamp construct to match the TIMESTAMP in Sql Server and adding a GetTimestamp() method to handle it.
- Create connection strings from a server, database, username, and password.
- Run a DDL script on the database.
- Launch the program used to administer the database.
- A DataReader wrapper to work around bugs in the DB2 DataReader.
This also includes several classes other than ADO.NET extensions:
- A LinkTree where each node can have multiple distinct links in it.
- Xml utilities to open files from most anywhere including inside a zip file.
- The forgotten methods for Path and File.
- And more...